Lesson 1 - The Arabic Alphabet
The student learns the following aspects of each letter by imitating the instructor: (Shape, Name, Point of Articulation and Characteristics). The Arabic Alphabet: (Letters of the Throat, Hard Letters, Soft Letters).
Lesson 1 - Explanation
- Recognize the shapes of the letters of the Arabic alphabet.
- Know each letter of the Arabic alphabet by its name, not by its sound.
- Pronounce the letters of the Arabic alphabet correctly.
- Know the difference between the soft (Muraqqaq) and hard (Mufakhkham) letters.
- Identify the articulation point (Makhraj) of the letters that come from the throat (Halq).
- Write each letter of the Arabic alphabet correctly.
- Learn to appreciate the Arabic language, because it is the language of the Quran.
Lesson 1 - Practice
- Practice reading the names of the letters and noting the characteristics and articulation point together.