Lesson 9: The Alphabet Letters with Sukoon (ـــْــ)
Sukoon: a Consonant that causes a fast pause; this is why, no word can start with a letter that has Sukoon. Before the letter with Sukoon, there must be a letter with either Fat-ha, Kasrah or Dumma.
Lesson 9 - Explanation
- Recognize the shape of a Sukoon in the Quran.
- Identify the place of the Sukoon on letters.
- Pronounce each letter of the alphabet with Sukoon.
- Be able to differentiate between the shape of a Sukoon in the Quran and in non-Quranic script.
- Write the Sukoon at the end of words.
- Get to know the beauty of the sound of the Sukoon.
Lesson 9 - Practice
- Student will practice pronounciation of the letters with Sukoon by adding Alif before the letters with Sukoon. This process is to be explained with a hand signal of a fist at the Sukoon part.