Lesson 10: Sukoon on the letters (وْ) (يْ) and (ءْ)
Sukoon on the letters (و) (ي) and (ء): (words with Sukoon on the letter (و), words with Sukoon on the letter (ي), words with Sukoon on the letter (ء), words with Hamza + Sukoon on a (و)).
Lesson 10 - Explanation
- Recognize the shape of a Sukoon in the Quran.
- Identify the place of the Sukoon on the letters (و), (ي), and (ء).
- Pronounce each letter of the alphabet with Sukoon correctly including Al-Waw Al-Layyinah, Al-Yaa’ Al-Layyinah, and Al-Hamza.
- Be able to differentiate between the shape of a Sukoon in the Quran and the shape of a Sukoon in non-Quranic script.
- Write the Sukoon on a Hamza in both cases of Waw (و) and Yaa’ (ي).
- Get to know the beauty of the sound of Sukoon.
Lesson 10 - Practice
Students will practice words with Al-Waw Al-Layyinah as in (نَوْمٌ , مَوْعِدٌ) and Al-Yaa’ Al-Layyinah as in (حَيْثُ , فَكَيْفَ). However , as in (يَأْتِ , نُؤْمِنْ), students will learn how to pronounce a letter that Hamzah Sakinah on top of it. In this case, the letter will be skipped and the Hamzah Sakinah will be pronounced.