Lesson 11: Alphabet Letters with Shaddah (ـــّــ)
Shaddah is the same letter said twice, the first time it is with Sukoon (hold), the second letter comes with either a Fat-ha , Kasra or Dumma.
Lesson 11 - Explanation
- Recognize the shape of a Shaddah.
- Identify the place of the Shaddah in words and on letters.
- Pronounce each letter of the alphabet with a Shaddah correctly.
- Be able break the letter with a Shaddah on it into two letters: one with Sukoon and one with a Harakah.
- Get to know the beauty of the sound of a Shaddah.
Lesson 11 - Practice
- Students will practice reading the Shaddah in two parts: the letter with Sukoon is demonstrated by a first whereas the second letter is demonstrated by letting the fingers free.