Lesson 12: Alif Mamduda Long (باَ) and Short (بَـ)
Alif Mamduda is the elongated Alif : Alif is a long vowel that extends the short vowel (Fat-ha) to reach two Harakat. Alif Mamduda (Long and Short) is (Words with Long Alif, Words with Short Alif, Words with both Long and Short of Alif Mamduda).
Lesson 12 - Explanation
- Recognize the shape of the Long Alif and the Short Alif.
- Pronounce each letter of the alphabet correctly with Fat-ha and compare its pronunciation with that of the Long and Short Alifs.
- Recognize that the difference between the long and the Short Alif is only in their shape, not in the way that they are pronounced.
- Pronounce the Long and Short Alif.
- Recognize that the Short Alif is only written in the Quran.
- Get to know the beauty of the sound of the Long Alif and the Short Alif.
Lesson 12 - Practice
- Students will practice reading the Alif Mamduda which takes almost two seconds in duration and is longer than the Alif with Fat-ha.