Lesson 13: Alif Maqsura (ى)
Alif Maqsura (three-letter words with Alif Maqsura, Alif Maqsura in words with a Sukoon, Alif Maqsura in words with a Shaddah, words with Alif Maqsura in the middle of the word).
Lesson 13 - Explanation
- Recognize the shape of Alif Maqsura.
- Recognize the Harakah that comes before the Alif Maqsura.
- Know that the Alif Maqsura is stretched for two Harakat.
- Pronounce the Alif Maqsura.
- Differentiate between the Alif Maqsura (ى) and the yaa’ (ي) in the Quran.
- Recognize that the Alif Maqsura and the long and Short Alif’s have the same pronunciation, and are only different in their shapes.
- Recognize the place of the Alif Maqsura in words.
- Get to know the beauty of the sound of the Alif Maqsura.
Lesson 13 - Practice
- The student will practice reading (ى) as an Alif, and he should not pronounce the (ي) under its.