Lesson 15: Hamzat Al-Qata’a (ء) & some forms of Hamza
Hamzat Al-Qaat’a (ء) and some forms of Hamza (Hamza at the beginning of a word, two Hamzas in one word, Hamza in the middle of a word, Hamza on the line, Hamza on the letter (ا), Hamza with Sukoon, Hamza with Dumma on the letter (و), Hamza at the end of a word, Hamza on the letter (ي).
Lesson 15 - Explanation
- Recognize the shape of Hamzat Al-Qata’a in the Quran.
- Recognize the place of Hamzat Al-Qata’a in words.
- Know that Hamzat Al-Qata’a comes in the middle and at the end of words.
- Pronounce Hamzat Al-Qata’a correctly based on where it appears in a word (i.e. middle or end of the word).
- Get to know the beauty of the sound of Hamzat Al-Qata’a.
Lesson 15 - Practice
- Student will practice reading Hamzat Al-Qata’a and recognize the ways of writing Hamzah. If the Hamza appears on top of any letter, we only read the Hamza not the letter under it.